As a Relais & Chateaux property, Matakauri Lodge offers a unique dining experience in a luxurious setting. Head Chef Jonathan Roger’s modern New Zealand cuisine is focused on showcasing local seasonal produce with clean, fresh flavors in an a la carte menu that changes daily.
Choose from a variety of dining spaces, including the Library, Dining Room, Remarkables Patio, Courtyard and Lounge, private dining can be arranged upon request.
• Breakfast - is served from 7.00am to 10:30am in the dining room and features a buffet of local and imported fruits, homemade pastries, cereals and yoghurts. Additionally an A la Carte selection of cooked items is available on request.
• Lunch - is served from 12.00pm to 3:00pm. There are a variety of sandwiches, salads and desserts to choose from.
• Picnics - we offer a choice of picnic lunches from an activity pack, simple boxed lunch or a delicious picnic hamper.
• Pre-dinner drinks - commence at 6:00pm and are an excellent time to meet fellow guests. Hot and cold canapés and a wide range of wines, beer and spirits are served nightly in the lounge.
• Dinner - is served from 6.00pm to 9.00pm. Our dinner menu changes nightly and features the finest New Zealand produce. Wine and bottled water served with dinner are not included in the daily tariff.
• Private Dining - if you prefer to dine privately, there are a variety of areas of the lodge that provide this unique experience.
Room service and private dining is available on request.